Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mister Myna doesn't shut up!




Myna birds

Since two days I have this thing with Myna birds. I love the myna birds. They are all over Hawaii.

They are loud and funny. They make me smile all the time. They come in front of my car and make me turn over my steering wheel. And then appear next to my car, smiling; “Gotyou!”
”They are the dare devils of the street!

They are always with two what give it a romantic touch J
It is as if they don’t know how to shut up and that gives them a funny outlook.
I just find them humoristic and funny.
If you are sad, just watch the myna birds and they make a big smile appear on your face.
Yes so they are even magicians!


In Belgium we say ‘een glimlach toveren’ and that means een glimlach=a smile
and toveren= the act of practicing being a magician



I compare them sometimes with the black birds in Belgium.(merels=dutch)
Anyway a few months ago I had two visitors in my air conditioning. I never use the air conditioning, it takes to much from Mother Earth and so they thought it was a great place to start a nest.
The air conditioning just hangs a meter above my drawing table and looks out on my lanai and has a nice view on the Ocean.
They were on my lanai all the time.
They would greet me in the morning when I came home from running and when I came home from swimming and when I came home…

just to let you know they kind of gave me the idea I was living in THEIR space.
I was the guest and it was their home!

They would walk on everything that was on my lanai. (letting me know;”This is ours!”)
They would start picking in my bathing suit that was drying in the sun.
Why? ???
I don’t have a clue, they might have thought I had put something in their space that didn’t belong there. They might have thought I was messy!
JHaha

Anyway, I love animals and so I started talking to them when they talked to me and we created a strong bound. They would even hang on my screen door to tell me something and then I would go outside and talk story with them.
I would give them food and they would look at it and say;
”You eat this?”
“Well eat it yourself!”

I gave them oatmeal, but after a few times I gave up.
And they were probably thinking; “AAAAh, she got it. We WANT meat! We don’t want that vegetarian stuff.”
Sorry guys, you will have to take care of your own meals than!
The vegetarian doesn’t have any meat in the house!
Oh yes, I remember it is your house and I am the guest.
J

And then suddenly they disappeared.

No good mornings anymore…
No blablabla…
No funny faces…
No walking around on my lanai as if they own the place…
I was missing them, how could they leave?
I wished they were picking in my bathing suit.

We had it so good together. They would come when they heard my voice, I was really missing them.
L

But I know everything comes and goes. Nothing ever stays in your life. Even I will one day go.
This is life.
As life would be the sky,
I am the sky.
God is the sky.
You are the sky.
And in our own sky world others pass as clouds through our sky.
They never stick; they go by and leave…
So do we in others life.

We will always be the sky.
That never stops.
And suddenly we SEE

That my sky and your sky and God’s sky was ONE sky.



Life just continued without my two friends.

After a few days I could let them free to go out of my mind, but kept them in the nest of my heart.



TUDELU!

A few days ago I came back from running and I wanted to open the gate and there was a myna bird walking under the gate on the moment I opened it. I could recognize it wasn’t one of ‘my’ two myna birds. It was a younger one. He was talking and talking to me, and what always happens: I talk back.
(the neighbors must think I am a little crazy
J)

He (let’s pretend he is a he) jumped on the other gate and disappeared, with loud laughter.

Oh well!
Goodbye!

That same day in the evening I was making myself ready to go and paint at my Wailea store, and was walking back and forward from my car to my home; which is about 20 meters distance. I have to walk 10 meters in the grass. Open a gate, then walk again 6 meters, walk on steps and go inside my sliding door.

Suddenly Mister Myna from this morning was back. He came to my car and started a whole story I didn’t really understood.(hahaha)
But as usual I answered to his ‘brabbel”. (Belgian for blablabla)
I told him I was packing my car (and probably he was thinking which kind of ‘brabbel’ is she telling me?)
and walked to the gate to go back to my home to pick up another box.

He walked next to me!! TALKING.
I opened the gate and he walked through it, continuing TALKING.
He looked up to me, while he was TALKING.
I walked the 6 meters and he walked in front of me, TALKING.
HE GOES ON MY STEPS in front of me, TALKING.
I forgot the sliding door and MISTER MYNA walks in my home TALKING!
He went around the living room, telling his story, checked out my drawing table and then went back outside to the lanai. TALKING.

And then suddenly ‘MY’ two myna birds appeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom and dad came to show their baby! MiSTER MYNA was their baby!!!
Well more an adolescent now,…I was so touched to see them back!
I had tears in my eyes.

Now I could see that Mister Myna probably was used to my voice and so came inside my home, because my voice sounded so safe and familiar!
Because for all these months when I was talking to his mom and dad, while he was in his egg and then out of his egg; he got used to my voice….ohoh or ACCENT??? Haha
J

I was so so so so touched that they came back and showed their baby.
Mister Myna is one! (=Belgian expression for ‘piece of work’
J)

The next day he came back with his parents and he just walked in my home without any feelings of hesitation. He felt HOME in my home, because my home was his home. The air-condition was hanging half in my living room, so who’s in who’s home, ha?!


IThe other day I wanted to give him an apple, when he came up the stairs, but he inherited his parents’ manners.
I AM NOT A VEGETARIAN! I want MEAT!
And he snapped to some gecko's...and I just said nooooo...:)




Now I have 3 myna birds.
What I thought was lost returned. When you set something or somebody free it can come back.
As the clouds in the sky they pass and leave and come back and leave…
You can never hang on to a cloud, or it will disappear and become rain…
And appear somewhere else in the sky…

Let it go and it can pass as a treasure in your sky…
Let it pass so you don’t miss the other treasures that want to appear in your sky.
You see YOU, the sky as treasure and there is no NEED for other treasures in your sky; but they will be there just because it is un-avoidable. Treasures seek treasures. It is like a magnet.


LONG LIVE the myna birds they are the comedians of Hawaii!
They bring laughter in your heart and bring a smile on your face.
If each one of us would have the myna birds in their thoughts all day long we would have a world with all smiling faces.


Love you,

Tamara rainbow

You can buy my art at www.rainbowsheart.com


No comments:

Post a Comment