Sunday, June 24, 2012

Me, as surfer girl



Lot of South swells lately at Maui’s south shore.
It means is that the water is kind of murky for us swimmers and we get a whole surfers tribe over the floor.
I love the energy of surfing. It gives so a free feeling.
I frequently get asked if I am a surfer..I wonder why?
J
haha, yes my car looks like a surfers car…everything is in it, I can survive in my car.
Rocky(which is the name of my car)has that freedom feeling.
Yes it is a him.
And Rocky doesn’t come from the movie Rocky; but from the idea that my car brings me everywhere and is like a ROCK. Strong and independent!
Rocky is like a little camper. He is always happy. He has the energy of “NO WORRIES”.
He has bumper stickers on him that says ‘LOVE’, and ‘SAY YES TO LIFE’ and ‘WHAT IF NOTHING IS WRONG?’
Each bumper sticker illustrated with my Art.
Yes yes, he is a cool car.
He is a shiny sunny happy trooper!


People always look to my hair when they ask me if I am a surfer. (or maybe I think they do J)
I know my hair looks like I have been surfing forever.
When my friends tell me they need a haircut and I offer them to do it (am joking, right);
 they put me checkmate because they make it obviously they look to my hair…and then say;
“NO, thank you!”
JJJ


The salt of the Ocean and the Sun have made my hair really blonde; and so people think that I am a true surfer in heart and kidneys (‘heart and kidneys’ is a Belgian expression for …I guess you feel it what it means…right? J)

I like the SURFER identity.

I like the atmosphere of no rush, no push, slow down, RELAX,…
Hmmm so yes I can be a surfer girl, but then one without a surf board; because in reality for me it is too boring. I see how it can give you a kick catching that one wave. But you have to wait so long sometimes. And I know already: I have no patience for that. But I have patience in life and I can wait a long time to catch that one wave. Hmmm I think
J….

So I prefer to swim and snorkel and encounter dolphins, whales, sharks, turtles,…I love to be connected with nature and what is underneath me. I would not like to lie on a surf board and not be connected with the ocean life.

But of course a wave is Nature too, and what a Nature!
So I went out with my friends S., Ms. and M. swimming in Ahihi bay at the end of ‘dumps’. And the waves were so beautiful. I love to watch a perfect wave. It is so artistic, to see the wave coming, turning, laughing and then rolling….dying….and returning….


I have of course the identity of the Artist and many times I look to things through the glasses of the artist.
I see the wave in paint already.

Let’s play a game…

Let’s say that we have 10 different people looking to the same wave. We will have 10 different waves.
haha

There are 10 different waves, because there are 10 different identities.
If 10 people look to the wave from the position of I AM, where we are all one…we SEE ONE wave.
But if we come in the vibration of body/mind we identify with the personality we choose and have 10 different waves.

I as the ARTIST IDENTITY see the wave as a painted wave.
The surfer IDENTITY sees the wave as the perfect kick for fun.
The life guard IDENTITY sees the wave as possibility of danger.
The photographer n IDENTITY sees the wave as a piece of art.
The scientist IDENTITY sees the wave as the cause of tides.
The captain of the boat IDENTITY sees the waves as part of the ocean.
The dolphin IDENTITY sees the wave as a joyful ride!
…..
All of these identities are roles we play, behind that is the ONE ‘I AM’; that is not separate from the wave. That is the wave….
We are the wave…

Allow your SELF to BE, and to ride the wave in joyful splendor.

Yes I loved it to give myself to the wave and to allow the wave to carry me…
I also take it to a larger awareness and practice to give myself to God and to allow God to carry me…

I had a magnificent feeling when I was riding the wave. I felt pushed forward, gently…I couldn’t do anything then to just allow. When I was above the wave, I looked down and that was such an enormous incredible feeling. The wave was pretty high and I just was on top of it…how delicious!
I didn’t dare yet to go in the break; I also think that is for the real pros. They wait so long to catch that one wave that I don’t want to come between them.

I am already happy riding it, the way I do. As me.

All this surfer’s energies made me paint a surf painting..haha J
It feels so good…to be walking in the surfer community, even though I am not part of it.
Or maybe I am?

I smell, taste and feel it and I love it.
So here is my first surfer painting…

Woeha!


love, tamara rainbow
www.rainbowsheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment