Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It was stinking for sure!

Posing proud with our catch...I still in aah for the tiny little fish around my head in the water.
I am showing with my fingers how big they were...tiny!
                              

Who had thought that we, my friend B. and I would have a important task at hand today.
Not me and absolutely not B.


I had lost B. in teh water and my thoughts became sTINKING thoughts.
I had followed our normal journey and had become a little worried, not seeing her in the water.
Some big Hawaiian bird was hanging in the sky, it is a sort of vulgar and somebody a long time ago had ‘made me wise’(=Belgian expression for trying to convince you of something) that that was BAD luck.
Ooh my MIND brought me in all different kind of scary places…a shark attack, a heart attack,…
You know if you let your mind take over the show, then every little thing you hear or see will be used to proof that THE MIND is right.
I came with my head out of the water again and now I heard helicopters in the distance…Oh I hope everything is ok…. First the birds, now the helicopters…
BUT
I know better already and see through it…I see that it is my mind that makes something up.
With allowing the mind to rule my world, I just gave it permission to change my peaceful movie into a horror story. But I DIDN’T buy into it and could let the thoughts pass my blue sky and relax and even enjoy the water!

I actually felt my heartbeat go down again…really, how we can mess up everything with our thoughts!
Once I relaxed I found B. back of course …she apologized and said she took a short cut because her boy friend was at home waiting for her.
She was going to go home as soon as she could!

That was her plan A.

I already learned in life to not make plans so much anymore. I really live mostly in the present moment and don’t really know what is going to happen the next hour. I don’t know what tomorrow brings, it is all open…That’s how I love to live my life. I love that freedom to follow what life brings me.
And besides when I ever dare to make a plan, it often gets changed anyway.

I have a friend and we always make plan A, B and C. 
“We have plan A, B and C and then God comes with plan D.” LOL
J
That’s what we learned having Plan A, B and C. We often didn’t come to those plans at all….

Today too…J  B. was pushed to let go of her Plan A and the boyfriend.

It is weeks I wanted to show her the baby sharks and I was so happy to show her one!

It felt as if it was telling us; “Come you have to see this.”
And it brought us to a huge clump of nets, cords and other junk the fishermen left behind in the ocean.(Or lost)

B. and I started pulling on it, but it was dawn hard. It was anchored at the coral. Luckily she had a knife and I started working to get it loose. Little tiny cute little fish were dancing around my head while I was trying to loosen up the cords. Meantime waves were rolling over us, because we were in the middle of the surf.
We bumped into each other and I saw how dangerous this was in fact. Easily we could get tangled in those ropes and pulled under water. (But that was a thought too…a careful one, so I was careful
J)
At a certain point I didn’t see how we could do it, because the coral was so law. Each time we entangled something, the other side got stuck somewhere else.

Jee, it was heavy work.
The little fish were swimming around our snorkels telling us to leave their home alone!
They were so cute!
Can you imagine how easy a turtle would get caught in those nets? Dolphins would never come so close in, but yes the baby sharks could get caught too. A Shark can breathe under water, but a turtle has to come up. It would drown if it would get caught in those nets.
So that motivation inside myself let me decide to start pulling at the nets and to sacrifice the coral.
Within 5 minutes we got it loose! B. is more than 70 years old and she loves turtles so much. She rescues them since years. I am one of her team buddies now. It was amazing…I saw immediately that we would get caught in the coral again if we took the shortest route to shore, so I said to go against the surf and go in deeper water and go around the surf to get to our usual exit at Wai’ala.
It was hard work, my legs..I can’t feel them tonight…not that is not correct…that is how we would say it in Belgium to announce that our legs are exhausted.
We got the dawn thing on shore, scratched ourselves with coming in, dragging it on land…yeah!

I left B. there and swam back to the entrance of the reserve where my flip flops were.

Oh, I never enjoyed the water so much I believe. It was as if I had to be cooled down. The whole effort had made me so hot….

When I returned in the parking lot; B. wanted me the pose with the more than 100 pounds net cluster.

So easy to live in the present moment…it is what it is any way. If you think that you have your whole life under control, that everything is in time…well keep dreaming.
Sometimes you get picked out to do something…the only thing you have to do is show up and accept your plan A, B and C changed into D,E or….
J what a life…I stopped making plan A, B and C… J

Isn’t it exciting!
It is a true adventure!



Love Tamara rainbow
www.rainbowsheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment