Saturday, October 6, 2012

LOL... (ok, you can laugh out loud)



I called my friend S. the other day and we laughed so hard I don’t want to keep it away from you.

As much I love to go deep and come more and more aware of what life is about.
And as much I talk about being in true awareness…I love to joke too.
As a matter a fact I experienced that laughter is one of the keys to true happiness and loving yourself.

And when you come more and more in the truth of your own being: I AM, you take yourself not so serious anymore.

When I saw that I wasn’t my body or my mind, I started looking to life totally different.
I adore my body now and that is a huge switch for me, if you know I struggled with anorexia nervosa for about 20 years. I see it for what it is.(I am not writing this as a victim anymore, just as an example)

I see my body as an amazing creation that works without me having to do anything.
I think of my body now as a miracle. I swim , run and can swim so far and so long I can keep up with dolphins, turtles…amazing beings.
J

I don’t see my beautiful body anymore through the eyes of society, where bodies get judged, trashed and punished like hell.
I see it through my own loving eyes. And as a matter a fact it was the dolphins that taught me how to love my body. If I would go in the water with awful thoughts about my body, they would not connect with me. If I went in the water with loving thoughts about me, they were on me…dolphins are so intuitive, they feel what is going on…I came in Hawaii still sick. My thyroid was not working anymore and my special doctor-friend in Belgium had me prescript the turquoise ocean water and dolphins to heal.

It worked! J

Also our minds are not who we really are…the mind can bring you down…the same mind and love and laughter happens….


I see my body and mind as wonderful tools to experience this amazing life…but who we are lies far deep within us: I AM.

 
So laughter is healing…dolphins laugh all the time. They spin, jump and make bubbles...
they are happy happy…
I love to laugh a lot, who not, really?


You are the one creating your world, you know…

Who you are being; that is what the universe responds too… J
It is like looking in a mirror…
If you smile in the mirror, the mirror smiles back.
You are BEING the SMILE…
You can’t expect the mirror to smile first…
it won’t happen…
YOU, only you are the creator of your own world.
That gives you a lot of POWER!



Laughter, joy , happiness…


I guess I am poured in dolphin energy…
Laughter, joy, happiness…

 

Ok , here is my story…I am still a little embarrassed by it…but hei we have to laugh once a while…

So the other day I called my friend and we were sharing that it was ‘insane’ to see that the Christmas decoration was already in some shops. We didn’t even pass Halloween yet and they start pushing Christmas in our throat. J

And then I suddenly shared with her that it is the first time in 6 years that I am totally in the ‘Thanksgiving’ atmosphere. We don’t have that Holliday in Belgium and so it took some time to leave The Holliday’s in Belgium behind and take over the ones of the United States. But I am there now!

It always gives me a feeling of belonging…
And this is what this whole joke is about… really…
I was very sensitive around belonging. I wanted to be called a local, but every time I opened my mouth people would ask where I was from.
I am from here…
“Ok,really? But where are you really from?”
Till the day of TODAY, they ask me where I am from.
Only when I say something…
J I don’t hear my accent… J

I warn you, I don’t have a clue why I did what I did. And I regret it so bad, because every year with Thanks giving I have to or hear it or I get teased with it.

Sometimes…even in little things…it is better to think twice before you do something.
I could have made a better choice, let’s say that.
I don’t think my friends want to change anything about it, because every time they think of it, they laugh so hard they almost lay on the ground.(We say that in Belgium when you laugh very hard, you lay on the ground laughing) Here I learned that they would say;”they laugh there ass off”
J

So I think it was the first year I ever had a thanksgiving. Maybe the second year, I don’t really know exactly. But I assume it was thanksgiving 2007. We were all in S.’s place at the North shore of Oahu.
She lived close to Sunset beach and we all gathered there for ‘pot luck’. It is something typical Hawaiian to do a potluck. That is also something I had to learn. It is not common in Belgium. The person that invites people takes care of the meal in Belgium.
With a potluck everybody is inspected to bring something. And sometimes you don’t know what others bring and you end up with the weirdest combinations of food.
There is some communication though, so we don’t end up with only desserts…
J
We were all sitting outside on the lanai, eating from all the goodies everybody brought.
It was fun. There was one long table I remember, but nobody was really sitting on it…there are not a lot of tables in Hawaii. That’s something I learned too…no table to sit on…
J

And now it comes …for some reason…I don’t have a clue why. I never did that before in my whole life…
I took out the wooden fork out of the salad, scratched my back with it and then put it back in the salad bowl.
My friend S. still laughs so hard with it, she almost falls down.
I didn’t do it disguised; everybody could see me doing it.
As it was the most natural thing in the world to do…
I recall I even defended myself I took a shower…
J
Oh my god, they all thought that Belgians were barbarians. And I think that in the past, in the period Caesar ruled; we were considered barbarians actually.
The Belgian tribe…haha

Anyway my friend S. gave me a back scratcher one year as thanksgiving present…
J
and every year again, I have to watch out that they don’t bring it up…well they do…actually.
Before thanksgiving,
during thanksgiving
and again after
 and before the next thanksgiving…
J
I am so happy I can make people happy with it…J

It is still a puzzle why I did it….
Oh well…

I might have want to belong somewhere…J it was my way of integrating… J

Love tamara rainbow
www.rainbowsheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment