Saturday, April 7, 2012

Rebel Rebel...how how how easter is there!





Waaw this year I missed almost Easter, as it wasn’t in my consciousness.

It is normally the most fun holiday of the year for me and I think it is because I am living in Hawaii right now and have flowers and sun all year around I don’t have that need to long for Easter. When I was living in Belgium the daffodils would come out now, plants would relive and all of this gave me a feeling of new beginnings. It was as if new possibilities were breaching out of the bottom of my heart.
I just love the Easter bunny and his eggs. In Belgium we get overwhelmed by chocolate eggs in all kind of sizes. You eat chocolate for a whole year. It is amazing how much chocolate eggs you see then.
At the morning of Easter we hide the chocolate eggs for the children to find.
I still remember my grandma striking a bell when I was very young. I was so excited to try to run up the steps to see the Easter clocks, I pied in my pj’s. I still remember.
I wanted to see those clocks flying and each year I missed them! How was that possible!

I don’t remember anymore if they were hiding eggs for me in the garden. I remember just teh bells and finding a basket full of chocolate eggs and i was just always dissapointed I missed the bunny and the clock.

I remember when I left home and I met my partner we start hiding eggs for our dogs.
Jodhi and Mercy would go in my large garden trying to find the Easter eggs I put there for myself.(
J)
I loved to watch them, because they didn’t eat it when they found one. We didn’t tell them it was for them. (and it was not really for them, it was for me :)
They would take it sneaky in their mouth as they knew they did something wrong…You know that look of a dog when he knows he does something he/she is not supposed to do...
Aah and we just had fun with that!
Afterwards they would get a piece.

My dogs were everything for me and I miss them very much. They both died, but when they were alive they were always with me. I remember a story of Mercy when we had her in the beginning.
I had made a cake and put it on the kitchen counter in the back. I was so certain she could not reach that. Impossible! It was so high and she was just 6 months old. My partner and me went to the movies and when we came back we would eat a slice of cake.

What were we surprised to find only 3 crumbs on the plate!

One crumb for my partner, one crumb for me and one for Mercy.
We looked both to Mercy when we saw the plate and she was laying in her basket,
PRETENDING
nothing was wrong.
Whistle whistle…

Straight innocent face....

It was not me…

It was my twin sister….
I had read in a book that you can never be angry at a dog after the facts, because they forget. Parentally they are always in the moment and you have to correct their bad behavior in the moment.
Hmmm looking to Mercy and her guilty face (she was a boxer, can you imagine her cute little- I didn’t do it, me?-face), this dog rule didn’t apply to her. She knew dawn well , she ate the whole cake!
How she could have gotten on the kitchen counter, until this day it is a big mystery!
I looked at her and my partner and we both started laughing very hard…what a joke!

See am losing my track with Easter again….

Just to say that Jodhi ( a black Labrador) and Mercy would look for eggs and take it so carefully in their mouth, they would not even break it…their guilty faces were so amusing that year after year that was the most fun thing for us to do….

Easter!

 I just love the dew in the morning and the cold wet grass underneath my feet, knowing that the days will become longer and warmer…the grass would become greener and the flowers start blooming..

I love Easter!

And as I learned in school about Jesus and his cross, I loved the fact he got of it and resurrected. I always thought this was the ultimate deed of being a rebel. And I can assure you, I was a rebel in my life!
I love it to feel there is not really a death…there is only REBIRTH and an infinite of new REBIRTHS…
let us all be a rebel and come from our crosses and from now on live EASTER every day…

It is an abundant energy of yellow and green and colored eggs and abundance abundance abundance for everyone to share….

Say YES To EASTER everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment