Friday, April 13, 2012

Kuliana




This is a New painting.


Keep on going with the Maui sunsets. I can’t get enough of it!
I don’t miss one…call it obsession…for me it is like food for my Soul. I drink the colors; eat the sensation of the sun sinking in the Ocean. It is a gratitude ritual for me. Giving thanks for another magical day on a magical planet.
And of course I am in so much gratitude I live on this Magical island Maui!
I just accepted to illustrate or try to illustrate a children’s book. A Hawaiian man, who’s the nephew of Eddie Aikau saw my art and liked it.
As I feel you have to give contribution to every land you immigrate too, besides learning the language and the habits of course…I proposed to give these illustrations to the Hawaiian people.
I loved the story and I am quiet impressed with Eddie Aikau’s life.
Kuliana is a Hawaiian word that means 'doing your responsability'
Giving back to the Hawaiian people to walk on their land is something I feel everybody should do.


So the first step is to make one and to see if we like it...together...

So this is one of the many things I am doing right now….

Besides sunsets and dolphins….

Please visit my website for more paintings! www.rainbowsheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment