Monday, February 13, 2012

Robin, the gecko plays the fool!

 
Did you ever feel there was something greater then you that took you up, carried you and softly put you in another place, other environment,…in another life?
As a wave comes under you and carries you to an unknown place. Is that not what we all fear?

The unknown?

This story of a gecko reminds me of my own story.
Last week I took the recycling bins to the container park. I placed them in the back of my car and hup there I went. It always gives me so a good feeling to do. Less trash around, here in Maui they still burry the garbage in the ground, but I am not complaining… What is better, putting it in the ground or burn it? I don’t know. The best is to not have any! And I am trying to have as less as I can.
My diving mask is getting old, but I try to use it as long as I can, because I just have that image of a plastic mask buried in Mother earth…A horrible feeling!

Anyway these are my daily thoughts sometimes. I believe I live simple and not have a lot of stuff. I don’t want to participate on a society that we call in Belgium a waste-society, or throw-away society.

But now back to my gecko story.

Ok so I arrive at the container park and notice that a little beautiful green gecko traveled with me in my recycling bin. He (or she?) wanted to jump out my window…kind of a kamikaze jump, when he/she sees me moving towards him/her…
and...
I in my logical brain…I forbid him/her to jump out!
“This is no place for geckos!” I said.

As I would know, right? Who am I to tell the gecko where it should live? I think it is called being human, or maybe being me. I closed the window and teh gecko went obedient to teh back of the car.
Right? Obedient, ha...
Anyway I was so naïve to think that I would be able to talk to the gecko and tell him/her that when I would come home I would put all the doors and windows open so he/ she could get out.
Which I did, by the way. I told him/ her that it was better for him/ her to be in a Natural environment.

Was I playing God? Was I in gecko's business?

Unfortunately gecko didn't respond to let me know he/ she understood and I lost track of the little gecko. Where was he/she?
Oh my God, now I had a problem, there was a gecko in my car. I was not worried for my car of course, but for the gecko who would not find any food. What would he eat? What would I give it?
There was always water in my car and I had some biscuits, still I hoped he would leave when I opened the doors and windows. I wished i had not put my nose in gecko's business. I felt a little bit 'a lot' of guilt. Or maybe the word responsibility was a better choice.

For days I thought about the gecko. I hope he/ she got out. I hope he/ she is ok.
Two days later I had a meeting with my friend P. I would drive her up to her house in Kula.
When I arrived there I needed to get something out of the back of my car and who was there?
Who was sitting on one of my paintings?
It was Robin, the gecko. (That day it got its name)

I grabbed the painting and there he/she was…Robin, (s)he jumped from the painting, high in the sky as the FOOL (out of the tarot deck)…jumping in nothingness, in the unknown. This time I was satisfied...he/she landed in grass and there was a stone wall close by…
Oh what a relief! (S)He is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I would not be me, if I would not philosophize about this…
What if everything happened in a synchronistic timing and that all events were there to bring Robin to Kula, a wish he had his whole life already? Maybe he never thought about Kula, but about having it cooler?
J Maybe I wasn’t playing God, but God’s helper?
I was transferred on such a wave 6 years ago…when I was carried to Hawaii,…when I look back I felt like the gecko felt…disoriented, un-rooted, scared, excited, lonely, strange, happy, sad, joyful,…
Sometimes we are lift up from a source greater than us..and that is what I feel happened to me and Robin…
And here we are!
We JUMPED INTO a NEW LIFE!
With a little help of our friends...which I call it disguised helpers of God/ the Universe. (The wave)

Here a painting of a gecko, my paintings are for sale! Call me 808-754-5883

 
Where is Robin? Find me than ,if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment