Sunday, February 19, 2012

I was lifted UP by a drunken angel tonight



Tonight at the beach I was watching the gorgeous sunset. The last 3 days the Maui sky is in fire. Since 3 days the sky turns orange! I was so excited; I was taking pictures and kind of blocked my phone because of it.  My phone gave me the message that my memory card was full. The problem was that I can’t get the program open to delete some. It annoyed me a little. I started deleting contacts that were listed, it was bizarre to see that some names didn’t ring a bell anymore. There were people in there that I didn’t recognize anymore.
I listened to my mailbox and parentally still had saved messages of over a year old.
Oh my God! It was symbolic to me I was still carrying the past with me. Since two days I was dealing with past memories.
 I try to always see the positive in any given situation. I believe that every situation is there to support us. So thank you phone to make me aware!
I cleaned my phone of necessary past memories!!! (Memory is full)
Still not enough I think, because the memory card is still full…but anyway that was a lesson in itself.

I stayed at the sunset for about an hour. I enjoyed it until the last minute and was sitting on a rock close to Kalama park. I was enjoying the music in the background of the Whale festival.
While I was deleting my ‘overload’ on my phone (the symbolic backpack with old stones in it) 3 drunks were walking around me. I didn’t feel threatened; I was just watching the sky change from full orange to brown orange. It was getting darker. Venus was standing in her full presence already and was followed by Jupiter in all its glory.
The woman started shooting to somebody behind me and used the famous F word almost 4 times in one sentence. And she spoke about 5 sentences, so that were a lot of F words. I still didn’t feel any treat. I was just watching the change of colors, the music, the breeze, the stone where I was sitting on,…and my phone that I was cleansing and cleaning of old stories.
So one drunk left ( we don’t have many drunks in Maui, this is rare this happens!), and one lie himself on the ground. 5 Minutes later I hear him snore. It sounded like an airplane that is starting to take off.
The woman with the F words, was cleaning her trash. What really amazed and greatly surprised me. She could hardly walk straight, but she still was cleaning behind herself, that was nice!
I didn’t feel unsafe at all, but did keep my little wall up…you never know.
She poked the snoring guy to see if he would get up, but now he was far far away….Grool groll…

I was still dealing with my phone, while she parentally was ready to go home. (I hope so she was getting that way)
 She looked at me…
me still gazing to the beautiful orange brownish sky…and says; “Aloha, good night!”
I replied; “Good night!”
And she asked;”Are you ok?”

Here I am sitting, a little cautious because she is drunk, and she asks me if I was ok.
I answered, “Yes, thank you.”

But it really touched my heart, that she had the thought to ask me if I was ok. While I maybe should have asked her if she was ok! But no she asked me!
And you know, I needed this today.
I was so uplifted by this drunken woman asking me if I was ok.
It felt so loving to ask me.
I had two days of ‘cleansing’ difficult past memories and this question of her helped me so much!

It helped me to be OK!!!!
It taught me, several things.
One in my mind I was lightly judging them in the sense that I thought that her being drunk was NOT ok. (Hilarious that she then asks if I am OK…haha)
Second: God is everywhere and in everyone. In each moment help can appear, be open to it.
Three: the parentally sane person ( me because I was not drunk) was maybe less ok then the drunk woman. I was ‘intoxicated’ by past memories and so I was maybe more drunk, then she was.
J
Four: it taught me, that we can uplift another with a simple small jester.

ARE YOU OK?

That was it. She lifted me up. She was my angel tonight.
A drunken angel that was shouting the F word.
Haleluya…Love is everywhere…

Things that happen around you…
Let’s take the example of my phone. It is always a reflection of what is happening inside. Change the inside and your outside movie will change.
I got the message of my dear phone...thank you phone!
I should give it a name :)

Love Tamara


No comments:

Post a Comment