Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My package deal at the Westin Kaanapali number2


 
 
I kind of forgot what it is to be studying. I just pushed it away and away and was just enjoying Kaanapali so much. Then I called with Mama-P and I was just RE-enjoying my package deal at the resort with telling my story to her. Innocent and joyfully UNcareful I was forgetting all about the test and I was just enjoying the amazing day…again and again…

But then I came home and recalled I had to do the test. Oh well. I grabbed it out of the folder and started working on it. Jeee, I couldn’t throw my hat on it! (Belgian expression to say I couldn’t just do it in 1,2,3) I saw myself working until after midnight to get where my teacher wanted me to be. I even lied myself with my books and folders on the carpet floor to go faster, but fell half way asleep on top of my books…J ahaha

When I woke up it was past 1130 and I just pushed a little harder and finished the boring stuffy book knowledge…J around 1am.

Haaa…in the morning...I get up around 5.15 every morning and then run to wake up J…I relaxed after my run, because my teacher had asked me to be later. Oh I made coffee and got back into my bed and basket into the morning sun shining onto my face. Ahh it was delicious and so vivant, alive and so sweet. I enjoyed it so so much. I was happy I pushed my limits last night to get the test done, now I could enjoy the morning rays of the sun on my body. This is how it feels to be a cat. J It was as if I was purring…J

I don’t do this normally..I just take off the other days to have my swim. But today I was in aaah-land!

J I looked up a particular word in Dutch to explain how I was feeling and it gives me PUFFS…but I don’t know if that is right…lying in the sun like a cat…is that puffs? It sounds more like somebody who does great effort and puffs while he/she is doing something hard…who knows?!

Anyway, half hour later I was on my way to Lahaina for my second day in the scuba class.
First thing we did was the test and luckily we went through that very fast (I was good
Jhei hei and not stupid J), so we could go the “Airport beach’ again! My teacher warned me we would do a test in the Ocean. I would take my mask off and clear it again and then he would shut of my air and I had to sign him on time I was NOT ok.
I thought by myself. I am not going to wait until I don’t feel I am not having air anymore, but just before that…why going through suffering when I can avoid it, right?! Knowing he is going to put me without air was handy
J to know I just make that sign fast enough; “I am dying already! Give me air!”
I had that under control (I thought), but not the other exercise….He had warned me though, so I was prepared in a way…
He told me that we as humans panic when we take our mask of our face and have to keep on breathing. He explained me that some disconnection happens in the brains and we forget what to do.

It was so true!
The moment I took my mask off, I stopped breathing and it was as if I was going to die. No air! Help! But then I got the thought and recalled the warning;”You can breath, only your mask is off!” So I started breathing again and then just continued putting my mask on while blow drying it with my nose.
When we came out of the ocean afterwards I told him; “I was in panic.”
“A a”; he said; “That was no panic. You did great.”
“Really?” I asked; “Ok then.”
Just before our last dive, the 4th one my teacher asked me if I was open for unusual phenomena’s.
He continued:”If you love dolphins, you must be open for cool things.”
“Jee, I was”; I said.
“Well”;he said;”I saw a program on the discovery channel where they found beached dolphins and whales and there was a mermaid too. The navy found and hided it; but there was a body. It wasn’t identified which gender it was; but it was recognized as a mermaid.”
How cool is that!

Our 4th dive was a mermaid dive. Now we were not only open to let dolphins come in, but we were open for mermaids to join us. J

M. my teacher had taught me different signs. We talk with our hands when we are under water. He has a little board where he writes on, because he is a teacher; but in scuba you learn the language.
When you make a T with your hands there is a turtle. One hand up is a shark. Two hands up is a big shark. Hands’ moving like a wave means there is a pod of dolphins. Index finger and thumb together in an O position means everything is ok. Your hand making an ‘I am death’ sign means I AM NOT OK!
And your middle finger crossing your index finger means: “I am seeing something really rare!”

Putting your middle finger up…Oh right no this is not a typical scuba diving sign..it is an universal sign this one…J

I loved it! We were just cruising around trying to find our mermaid.
Suddenly M. was crossing his fingers in the ‘I see something really rare’ position.

He grabbed something from the ocean floor and put it on my hand.
I was looking at it and thoughts came and go.
Is this a plant?
What is it?
I hope he didn’t break something off…oh no he told me he is respectful…
What can this be?
I look closer; it is kind of pink and red.

I see him writing something on his little board.
Am waiting, exciting to know what I am holding in my hand.
Something really rare…
J what fun!

He shows me his board and I read;
turtle shit.

Hahahahahaaaha
I couldn’t stop laughing…
JJJJ
Water was running in my mask, I was coughing in my mouth piece, I stirred up sand, tears were rolling over my cheeks…I just couldn’t stop laughing…
I needed to use all my survival skills already too;
1. Clear my mask
2.clear my mouth piece
3. To get going…and catch up with him
J
4.to not drown

I immediately dropped the rare treasure in the sand. Something in me didn’t care anymore if it was rare or not,,,,

I was looking to my hand and thought; “Am lucky I am surrounded with water so it washes off my hand already J


Oh my God! Meantime I saw him swimming away to find something rare again…J

When we came out of the Ocean; he said “You did great! You are certified!”
“That was so funny”;I said;”about the turtle shit!”
“But it is true”; he said;”it is rare!”

 

After I was certified I drove again to the Westin. A parking spot was empty and waiting for me and my car to park and I had the most wonderful time again. This time I swam around black rock and encountered the 4 eagle rays from the day before. There was not much more to see around black rock.
I am used to more coral, but I was happy to finally have seen what was under black rock. Then I swam from black rock to the South, I passed the Westin and turned back…it was great. I kind of was finishing the last pieces of Maui I never had seen. I almost swam all the snorkel places on Maui already, only this piece was missing.

My friend and I laughed again and had the most fun and I decided to come back the following day and take an extra day in my package deal. I just couldn’t get enough!!!!!!

I drove home satisfied and happy. What a day! Again…

Then at night, well not really night I called Mama –P and I was laughing so hard telling her about the turtle shit and parentally the neighbor couldn’t laugh. He was his true own grumpy self and yelled at me.

I am always so silent, he is not used yet to the NEW me….J
I just closed the sliding window and removed myself, didn’t say anything…went somewhere where I could LAUGH FREELY!!!! JOUHOE!
I felt so happy to see that my decision to move was right, I am moving to the abundance of LOVE LIFE and laughter!
LIVE LOVE LAUGHTER,LOVE LIFE LAUGHTER, LAUGHTER LOVE LIVE,…

 

Haha

Love Tamara rainbow
www.rainbowsheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment