Friday, March 9, 2012

Lady bug

Lady bug
ok the pic is small, as the lady bug was small, but her precense was Oh So BIG!



Sometimes the ‘little’ things can make us happy. And sometimes those little things are not little at all.

I just finished a mural, I worked almost 3 days on it. I will have to review when the owner comes back from the mainland. It was fun and fun to just go for it and use all the paint I wanted!
I am just explaining why I didn’t write any post the last days: I was painting, painting and painting!
Today I went for my usual swim and when I came out of the water I saw there was a ladybug on my car.
I ‘screamed’ to my friend; “A lady bug, a lady bug!”
She looked at me as if I was losing a screw (Belgian expression to say somebody is nuts)

In Belgian lady bugs are considered LUCK!

So LUCK just flow on my car!

My friend asked; ”Why are you so excited?”

And I told her what symbol it has in Belgium. There we call a lady BUG a “Love little animal’, here it the US we call it a BUG. It is as if she is not granted her value here. How cultures can be different!

Anyway the moment I explained my friend about the symbolic meaning, the lady bug, het lieve heers beestje (ladybug in Dutch) flew away!
“Oh, there she goes”; said my friend.

I look behind me and saw her flying.

ok well I had the luck..well it stays with you..I tell my friend and suddenly…
something tickles on my arm…

I look and who was walking proud and shiny on my arm! Het lieveheersbeestje (lady bug)
She made a 90 degrees turn and landed on my arm.
Oh she was so cute. She was black as a matter a fact, but so small and beautiful. She kept tickling and my friend shouted now also of excitement; “Now you have two times LUCK!”

Never thought about that!

I miss sometimes my Belgian culture and now I would also miss my Hawaiian culture and the American one too. I am a mix of all.

This small lady bug was my teacher today. Luck can be found in the smallest things.

Her coming back and landing on my arm was the greatest luck of all. What an honor to have that sweet little bug on my arm. To connect with this creature that sees my arm as a landing place.…haha

Life is so wonderful if we are happy with what is.
We are kind and without resistance we receive all what comes on our path…here it is this sweet little lieveheersbeesje (lady bug) that reflects the love inside of me.

That is the luck I saw in her beautiful little eyes today.
You are me and I am you.
I am lucky to be me,
you are lucky to be you.
And we so shine when we are, who we are.
Proud of our precense here on Earth.

She is proud,
she has the energy of a beautiful loving queen,
Your 'highness' THE Lady bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment