Friday, January 6, 2012

It is KIREI!

I once had the opportunity to take a Japanese mom and her two children to the beach. There was a Japanese group here in Maui and there was one car to short to drive the whole group to the beach. So I volunteered and it was a really awesome experience. I love the Japanese people, they are so humble and sweet! (We can learn a lot from that)
Anyway, the mom spoke a little English and we had the most fun. Our conversation would often end in showing hand signals. But there was not one moment we didn’t understand eachother. Thatw as so awesome! When you speak from the heart, there is no limitation possible!
She taught me Japanese while we were driving down Haleakala from Makawao to Paia. The children were in the back and didn’t understand one word of English.
K., the mom and I had an instant bound. We would say in Belgium that it ‘clicks’.
It was so beautiful the drive down and I told her that.”Kirei”, she said. That meant ‘beautiful’ in Japanese.
We were laughing hard and repeatedly said the word ‘Kirei’, or ‘beautiful’.
We took turns in pointing out what we found kirei!
And it was as if we attracted the most beautiful amazing things the longer we were using the words kirei and beautiful.
The cherry on the cake we got when we drove back after an awesome afternoon in the turquoise waters of Baldwin beach with the children, her and all the other Japanese people.
There was a huge rainbow at the sky and the full moon was standing high in the sky. It was as if the moon was smiling to us,  when we started practicing again; ”Kirei,kirei,…, beautiful, beautiful.”
I believe that when you are so in joy and happiness and you speak out loud the words of that happiness, you create more beauty and happiness.
Here we created beauty after beauty….
When we arrived back to the retreat center we exchanged gifts. I gave her postcards from my paintings and she gave me a little candle light that she made herself. It had the form of a little gold fish. It is so precious to me I put it on the dash board of my car( which is my altar) so I can remember what K. taught me;  “the energy of KIREI.”
There is so much Kirei on the planet, in people, animals and plants….
Kirei!
I hope you love my awesome painting…KIREI!!!!!
You can order prints on http://www.rainbowsheart.com/


Thank you K.!


No comments:

Post a Comment