Thursday, January 5, 2012

It is awe!

This is a new painting…

I was inspired by the turtles in the turquoise Hawaiian waters today. I love it!
Here you see a honu (Hawaiian for turtle) emerged in the Ocean and the colors of my feelings when I see them. In my expression the turtle, me and my joyful feeling comes one and this is the result of that moment in the depth of the ocean.
I remember my first turtle in Hawaii. You have to know that I am used to the little miniature turtles that we have in aquariums in Belgium. Unfortunately they give them on fairs for free and they end up in our recreation parks, biting ducks. Or their destiny is even worse than that. It are only humans that can think of doing such things!
I can go on and on about things like this… but not today…
Today I wanted to share my first turtle in Hawaii. I saw it at Kailua beachpark two days after my arrival.
I didn’t have a snorkel yet and I wanted to go closer. He or she was in the waves and it was huge! (in my perception knowing only the miniature ones) I was scared of it.
 
What I want to share is this:
This awe feeling we have for new things. You know how that feels …It feels as being a child again.
 It is an exciting feeling of innocence and gratitude for that new “thing’! The enthusiastic feeling opens our hearts as we were jumping dolphins in the Ocean.
I am here now in Hawaii for 6 years and after 2 years I lost my awe moment for the turtles and the water. It became my environment, just like your home and surroundings became your environment. We are taking it for granted. (I have guts writing in the We form…Apoligize for people who are not recognizing them in it)
 It became boring for me, I have to admit. I lost the innocence of the moment. I moved to Haiku where I totally lost myself in another story, and where I didn’t swim for about 2 years. When the story of Haiku ended I returned to Kihei and you can’t imagine how happy I am right now. Haiku was not my place, I was dying there. I always felt that, but love does you do the weirdest things. (Or is that not love?)

Now I see my period in haiku as a blessing. I can see clearly now who I am and what I love. The distance of space, gave me a lot of insights.
I missed the Ocean so much. I had to go away to feel that.  When I returned and I touched the water I was in awe. I saw my first turtle and I was in awe. I felt the water on my skin and I was in awe. I saw the smallest fish and I was in awe. I stared at the ocean and I was in awe. I saw the sunset and I was in awe….I WAS IN AWE AGAIN!
I promised myself to never ever lose the AWE feeling any more. Now when I go in the ocean I am open for adventure and if that adventure is the feeling of water on my skin, it will be that experience; I am not attached anymore on any conditions I made up in my mind. I mean by that.  Sometimes we go in the water and we expect to see something. If that expectation is not met, then we are disappointed and we didn’t feel the water or we didn’t see the yellow fish that was winking to us.
It is for everything in life!
If you want a life of disappointment have expectations.
Have no expectation and every single gift is an awe moment.
I not only do that with the Ocean, but with my whole life now. LIFE is a total adventure and nothing I see is the same as yesterday! I can’t fall into the trap of boredom anymore, because nothing was there yesterday. Everything is new and I see everything with an open heart.
This is allowing to our inner child to be in awe.
Done with living as an automatic pilot!
I am grateful for every moment in my life….It is an ‘awe’ life.
My environment, my home is not the same as I saw it yesterday. It is a new place with exciting new beginnings. I came to see when I live like that, there is gratitude in every single second of my life.
It is awe.


This painting is painted on canvas and is 250 dollars, you can order it on my website http://www.rainbowsheart.com/ or you can order prints also!

No comments:

Post a Comment