Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas is coming

It gets closer and closer ….Christmas 2011 is coming...I was watching a movie, a really good funny movie, at Julius house. And he actually made me feel it is getting Christmas! He had his table decorated and had little lights… We had so much fun together.
When I was driving home I had thoughts that were hurting me about something totally different. It was about a situation from the past…and now with Christmas it hurts more. There are probably people who feel like me. Lost loved ones and missing them, you know…What was interesting was the more I was thinking about those thoughts, the more sad I became.
Then I played the watcher and nodded my head. A half hour ago I was laughing with Julius and now I am sad? I saw it were my thoughts from the past that had nothing to do with this present moment that made my mode swing.
The Bee gees were singing loud;”A,a ah ah staying alive, staying alive!’ Happy uplifting music.
“What was wrong with me?”
Suddenly I felt alone.
Stop!
I decided in the moment to not give power to the thoughts that were hurting me and choice to be in truth: IN THE PRESENT MOMENT.
Driving in my car, still enjoying the pleasant evening, listening (and singing if I wished) with the Bee gees. Haleakala on my left and a thousand stars in the sky. Me, present in my car…I smile…
Try it when you have a feeling you miss someone, that someone is in your heart and never apart. It are your thoughts about the so called separation, that are the triggers…It is not the truth…
And I smile again…and start choosing different thoughts now…maybe some gratitude you swam with dolphins today again…you had a wonderful time with a friend….


To celebrate this I want to share this Christmas card with you all. It is one of my illustrations for Christmas. (always for sale in my art shop on my website http://www.rainbowsheart.com/)
TaLa La La LA la la, talalala la la la

No comments:

Post a Comment