Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shark!!!! Am still writing with two hands...so lucky, me!


 
He is coming closer! Ohoh!
 
 
I had a great day today…lately a lot of great adventures…turtles, dolphins…name it…
WHALES!!! Oh my God!!
Last week I was surprised when I was swimming with the visit of a mama whale and baby.
Today AGAIN!!!
I was with my friend J. and we came back after hanging out at the aquarium today. To get to the aquarium you have to do a deep water swim.
I estimate it is about a mile or so.
Am not so good in estimating those things in miles and the awareness of kilometers slips me too lately…

In coming back…it was trippy …we heard suddenly a spout.
PHOOOOOOOOOOOOOeeeee

Jeee that was loud!
Another one…oh my God…she must be so close!
We looked in the water and there she was with her little baby. I made a video of it…she just dove and then passed underneath us. Whales are not so ‘hiperdepiep’ as dolphins are…
Oh yes ‘hiperdepiep’ is kind of a Dutch word…
Just say the word and you get what am saying…Oh ye Americans probably can’t do the RRrrrrrrr…
It is hipeRRR…the..piep…

Ye dolphins are so playful and just love to come around you and have joy JOY JOY!
Whales are more silent and invisible…it is then very intimidating when you notice they are or besides you or underneath you suddenly.
J. and I were so happy. This doesn’t happen often, it is a true blessing…these animals are just so precious and very sacred to me.
The baby must have just been born.
This morning I had seen some whales in the bay, and when I was swimming I had seen a long slimy looking thing. I taped it and my friends and I will look at it later.
It was kind of 4 to 5 meters long…never saw that before…
I laughed and told J. when she caught up with me that I saw some whale snot earlier.
LOL
That thing might have been from mom whale that just had a new baby, a small new baby…I mean just fresh born baby baby…it might have been something that had to do with giving birth; because they are still mammals, right…just like us…maybe it was some placenta, who knows what it was…
Anyway…after mom whale and baby passed us, we kind of swam to the coral at the side.
Suddenly I hear my friend J. saying; ”A shark.”
We are not afraid of white tips or black tips, we even go to them so we are kind of hanging above it and I started taping…waaw a white tip I thought by myself, because it rather looked small.
But then…and you hear it in the video in my voice that I suddenly am aware it is neither a white tip nor black tip! It was something BIGGER!
We saw the shark coming bigger and bigger and I heard myself saying;
“ THAT IS NOT A WHITE TIP, THAT’S A BIG ONE!”
I can laugh now with it…it is so funny when you hear it…(video comes later when I edited it…J)

Oh boy! The shark was coming to us now!
In my perception he came really close…
I still had my video on, but was not really aware of it.
We only thought of or I did, really of showing my fins towards him or her.
That was the only thing I had on me to defend myself.
In the tape you see us making as much bubbles as we can…
When I stop the video, it was because he really came suddenly forward..It was just a reflex of shutting it off…NO thinking right then, just DOING…
MamaP. , my teacher, friend, mom always taught me that you can never know ahead of time what to do. And I guess she was right…No thoughts, really just doing right there. No past, no future…just the moment with the shark…
I could just see his beak…but it was till 3 meter away though…he pushed us behind, we were swimming backwards face to him, making bubbles with our fins…
Suddenly he turned…and the danger fell away…and then I started taping again; but he left….
Oh my God…we were so intimidated…I must say this…
I had fear and this sound so ridiculous, but the fear I had in that moment was much less then the fear I have for sharks in general when I THINK about them. It is as if my thoughts make them bigger…
it is the ‘blow up’ fear that comes from your mind. The fear that sits between our two ears.
The thoughts you have about it and how awful and bloody it will be…
The voice that projects and makes a future that NEVER exists.
That voice…that voice can paralyze me, really. But the fear I had today was just a light fear…of ok this is what I am doing and now he does this, so I am doing that…ok I don’t have anything in my hands, so I am going to use my fins…
He did inspire me to make kind of a stick I can carry with me, to point to it when it ever happens again.
We were with two people and that made a big difference I think. Also that we didn’t run off, but faced it and gave it a bubble festival!
We swam away looking backwards, you never know if he changed his mind…and stayed together for sure! J

But 5 minutes further we encountered a manta ray and we admired it and we forgot about the shark…
Suddenly, I think it was J. who said;”Mmm, we just had a shark encounter, maybe it is good to get in , now. Don’t you think?”
“Ye what are we still doing here?”I answered.
And we came on shore, agitated, excited, overwhelmed, relieved…fine.
All of that...it does something with you…with your body and your mind…
I am super tired, super warm…
But the awareness, that what we really are is unmoved…is relaxed…never dies anyway…
IS AlWAYS…is the shark…we are the same…
J
We snacked in the hot sun…and…we have a certain word in Belgium….it is called ‘bekomen’…
I don’t think we have it here…it is like calming down after a kind of shock…my body did…
 
But 2 or 3 hours later I was in the Ocean again looking for my turtle friends…
I am a little dolphin…I belong there somehow…
 
I hope baby whale is safe, because that is what he really was after…maybe he saw us as the hors d’oeuvre, but didn’t like the plastic package of our fins.
 
Or he was on his 12 step program as the sharks in Nemo, but forgot it a split second…and was tempted by seeing woman’s meat….

Anyway I am lucky today…as every day really…
But the trippy thing was that I realized I am more afraid of it in my thoughts than in reality…
So that counts for everything!!!
 
Love Rainbow
www.rainbowsheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment