Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sitting at Thomsen Road in Kula, Maui or is in Opray Winfrey Road?




This is a new painting in the series collage with wood and canvas…


I see myself more and more moving into stillness, emptiness…

I forget a lot….what was an hour ago, it’s gone.
It would hurt my brain trying to THINK about it and bring into this NOW existence again.

I am fortunate to have met my mom\teacher Mamaji, she brought me to the place where we laugh hard…very hard…because there is a deep understanding, knowing that we are NO-THING.


The other day I was sitting at Thomsen Road in Kula up Haleakala in Maui. I love that street.
Always reminds me of Oprah . She has an estate there and I once heard an interview where she described the silence of Haleakala walking in Thomsen street...The low hanging clouds, the drizzle falling out, the cool little breeze caressing ...the immense view of Maui...breathtaking!
There it is so silent…well it can be more silent going even higher up Haleakala, but it will do.
I just love it. The view, the street, the fresh air…


There were people, dedju’...(dedju=Belgian for damned)

At first I wanted everybody to be silent. Or to be gone…J
Don’t you hear the silence?
But I realized immediately that by resisting ‘the noise’ I cut myself off my own silence.
I could see that silence is not in being silent.
Silence is what lies behind all what is what we can see.

Silence is the peace within, the undisturbed unchanging place that is the space we ARE.

Once I realized that, and sat down in the awareness of who I am, people starting whispering…really…
I didn’t ask them too…it just happened.
The moment they were in a certain distance away from me they would start talking again.

 

There is NO way that you can ever change something at the outside…because outside is a mirror of what’s in us…I couldn’t make them leave or be silent; I could only find the silence within again.
And with finding I mean really…BEING the silence within…
and 'hup' I recognized the space of HUGE silence I AM!



Sitting there I expanded…mmmm …how do I describe it?

The expansion or the feeling of expansion happened with seeing who I really am.


There is no mind that is me, there is no body that is me…
they are there and it brings me joy to experience them. ( my mind and body)
I don’t have to escape from my mind nor body, I just am that that is behind it…
unchanging bliss…watching the view from Kula…looking to the magnificent Ocean…
The soft breeze, the small little drops of rain on my skin…
The gratitude for life itself, as it is…

I am that that sees all of this…

 

This is this painting, the stillness we are.
Thank you Mamaji, to bring me, help me seeing who I really am…

Nothing at all!

The turtle, the horses are me…pure awareness and their bodies come and go…the awareness they are, as me…is infinite stillness…Peace…LOVE….

LOL …Mamaji, once said very ’dry’ (that’s something we would say in Belgium, saying something dry means short, sharp and cutting with truth, also humorous…)

After I kind of dramatically announced that I am battling with low self-esteem for so so so long…my whole life…” I could be very dramatic some while ago…for a long time…J


She answered; ‘YOU ARE NOTHING!”

 

It came out so dry…so…

The laughter that poured out of me, came from that place, that space…I can still feel it, because that is who I am, as you….a huge space of laughter and JOY!
A SPACE OF LOVE for what is…


All of this is in this painting….

 

It is for sale by the way…please share this with your friends if you want…


Call me 808-754-5883


 

No comments:

Post a Comment